Friday, July 3, 2009

Mother/Daughter Day 2009

For Christmas last year Nia wanted to go on a Mother/Daughter day. She wanted to do lots of things like massages, manicure & pedicure, hair & makeup done, shopping, get coffee, and other girly things. I knew this was going to cost us lots so I kept putting it off until we had enough money. (Although the amount of money we spent still makes me sick to my stomach.)

Realizing the other day that if we wait very much longer to have "our" day, it could be a LONG wait due to the baby coming. So.. we finally went.

We headed to the mall. First, I got my nails done and Nia got a pedicure. She wanted that rather than getting her nails done and the pedicure was her favorite thing.


Then to Glamour Shots. Although this was lots of fun it was very expensive. We WON'T be doing this ever again. I think we will just have to find a cheap photographer and do our own hair & makeup. In fact, my sister loves to take pictures and we will be close enough next time to use her.

They airbrushed the foundation on which really freaked Nia out.

Almost through....

Onto the hair... and after the stylist was finished curling all her hair, Nia told her she didn't like it so the stylist brushed it all out. She looked so cute with curls everywhere, but it ended up looking great.

Okay, she got finished and grabbed my camera. She thought I looked funny!

After that, we got our pictures taken and then went to the
Cheesecake Factory for supper and dessert.

This is her expressing how unbelievably good it was. That is Oreo Cheesecake.
After the yummy cheesecake, we went back to the mall to view our photos and order. Nia was not interested in this long process so she grabbed my camera again and took pictures of everything. I think I deleted around 20 pictures of photos on the wall at Glamour Shots. And another 10 of random people walking through the mall. Here are a few she took of herself.

This girl did my makeover and then helped us pick out our pictures.
Nia wanted to remember everything about this day.
Overall we had a FABULOUS day.

1 comment:

Fletcher Family said...

Nia, you look so beautiful! I love your curly hair and your beautiful toes!!

Sounds like yall had a good time.