Monday, September 22, 2008

My "Creative" Side

Our women are in the middle of a Beth Moore study entitled Stepping Up: A journey through the Psalms of Ascent. I have learned many things already but I will just highlight a few.

In Beth's words, "In Matthew 10:28, Christ said, 'Don't fear those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul'. I'm human like you, and these words can seem like small consolation as we travel this dangerous turf. But when our eyes are truly opened and we see all the ways hell rose against us, the Devil wanted us, and God hid us in the shadow of His wings, we will drop on our knees and worship the Maker of heaven and earth."

Another things is this, again in Beth's words, "Even if our security is in somethings God has given us - our gifts, talents, loved ones, church family, consistent victory, passion for His Word - our seemingly secure mountain ultimately will fall into the sea. We can grow secure in the favor God has shown us, but God's favor and His person are not synonymous. If our trust is in manifestations of God's favor rather than God Himself, we will crumble like dry clay when He calls us to walk a distance of our journeys entirely by faith and not by sight."

A verse that has really stuck out to me is Galatians 6:9, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

There have been many more things that have impacted me but you will have to do the study in order to understand many of them. On to where I got the title of the post. At the end of each Psalm, (Psalm of Ascents are 15 psalms - 120-134) we are to document what we most got from that Psalm. Each stair is to represent a Psalm so we are to write it on the stairs. She gave instructions for making stairs but that was too big of a job for me. I ran a transparency copy and traced it. That is the extent of my creativity. It turned out great in my opinion.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Sounds like a great Bible study.