Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yearly Build-A-Thon

My parents have come to see us in Oklahoma for 3 consecutive years now, on Labor Day weekend. The first year it was just for fun but last year we had asked dad to build us a vanity for our bathroom. Romeo & I had pulled carpet & painted already. So when my parents came they helped us put the finishing touches on the bathroom such as linoleum, vanity, sink, plumbing, & baseboards.

This year we needed help with our deck. It had been in need of repair for some time. The stairs were rotted and it was weak in spots. So for 3 days we all worked hard. Dad & Romeo worked on the deck and I did what I could. Mom cooked and took care of my kids for the most part. Unfortunately, this particular weekend is during my niece's (Emily - Kevin and Alysia's now 3 year old girl) birthday and for 3 years my parents have missed the party so next year we might have to work something else out.

We can't thank Dad & Mom enough for helping us!!

Stairs: Before

After


Lattice: Before

After

You can't tell much by this picture but we took down all the lattice and put up railing.

1 comment:

Vanessa Wooten said...

Ooh, looks like you have a very nice deck. I wish we had a roof over ours. Maybe someday we will.

Hugs!

Vanessa