Monday, December 1, 2008

Blessings From God

Psalm 127:3-5,

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame when
they contend with their enemies in the gate.

This verse means a great deal to me. It "flew off the page" more than a year ago when Romeo and I had been praying about whether to have more kids. We went through many reasons why not to have more and to all of these reasons God gave a reason as to why it was foolish. I will just share a few.

Us - Tooooo Much Money, how will we afford more kids? ---- God - All money belongs to me trust me, depend on me, call on me, I will take care of you. Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

Us - I will go crazy, I can't handle more! ---- God - Of course you can't handle it! You will mess it all up if you do it in your own strength, do it in mine. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says, But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

And of course God can do anything! Even give a couple, who has taken the needed surgical steps to prevent pregnancy, a child. So why not let God give me one if He HAS too through a miracle? And God said, Why not allow me to decided how many kids you need. Trust me! If I want you to have another one them I will give you one. If not then I will prevent you from having one. Either way God said, it's not up to you!

So for over a year we have been on pins and needles wondering what God's will was in our life regarding children. Knowing that it is was up to Him and that whatever His will was was what we wanted. All that to say this:

God is so graciously rewarding us with another child due to arrive July 2009.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome guys! Congratulations!!

Vanessa Wooten said...

Yay!!!!! That is such great news, Amy. Congratulations to your whole family - give them all a hug from me and tell them to hug you for me, too!!!!

Crazy Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I love you!