Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It was this day 9 years ago that Romeo Tagle & Amy Swaringen became Mr. & Mrs. Tagle. I will be the first one to congratulate us. I know, not the traditional thing to do, but considering what we have been through, it is a miracle. Marriage is hard - submission, selflessness, servanthood, spending time together, raising kids and many more hardships along the way. We have moved 6 times, lived in 3 different states, been employed by 8 different employers, had 2 kids (with 1 on the way), and survived too many to count disagreement (okay agruments).

Gratefulness is one of his WONDERFUL gifts especially when it comes to food. For instance, I hate going to the grocery store, soooo I put it off as long as possible. Tuesday night for supper it was waffles & eggs, Wednesday night it was grilled cheese and brocolli. He NEVER complains about the food I cook. I have to tell him it is okay to let me know if the food is good or not so I will know whether to cook it again.

During our Bible Study today, He Speaks to Me by Priscilla Shirer, she commented that if you are submissive to the earthly authority God has placed in your life - that being my husband, then it's a good indication of whether you will be submissive to Him. I know that God has placed Romeo in my life for many reasons but one major one is to teach me to honor, respect, & submit to the authorities in my life.

We have had many beautiful times together and many heartaches, but we are here, 9 years later still married, and as determined as ever to please God in our marriage. No credit on our own part that we are still married, not at all! It was God's spirit that humbled us enough to acknowledge the destruction we had placed in our marriage. It was God that provided counseling when we so desperately needed it. It was God & still is!!

I serve a Real God WHO IS ABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise You Lord!

I love you, Romeo Tagle, Jr.

No comments: