Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Events leading up to Christmas

Nia had a Christmas program with her school which was very cute & entertaining.
She looked beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nia has been on my case about making cookies. So... I decided that last Saturday would be the day! The kids were super excited UNTIL they realized that it is time consuming and frustrating at times. I couldn't seem to get just the right amount of flour to allow the cookies to not stick. So after the first batch, the kids gave up leaving me with 2 more batches to make, and joined me again with the icing. It was a long day!


That is Hunter in the middle, a neighbor & friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of cookies. Why so many? Freeze for parties. Love you. Mom

Amy Tagle said...

Nia has a Christmas party at school on Friday and she wanted to give each one a cookie & note to say she will miss them and Merry Christmas. There are about 30 kids in 1st grade.

Vanessa Wooten said...

a tip to help keep the cookies from sticking, place them in some sugar before placing them on the baking sheet - and use parchment paper.

looks like you did a great job, though!!!


Merry Christmas

Amy Tagle said...

Thanks for the tip. But I was having trouble long before I got to the baking sheet. You have to roll the dough out on a flat surface and then cut the dough with cutters and then onto the baking sheet. My dough keep sticking to the table. My recipe called for 2 1/2 cups of flour and I ended up putting 3/4 of a cup more to keep it from sticking. It was a pain though.

Merry Christmas to you too!