Friday, February 6, 2009

Sibling Love

Kids will be kids right? Some days they fight all day long and some days they just love each other wholeheartedly. Today was one of the later days. Okay, maybe I should have said SO FAR it has been one of the later days. What was I thinking?

Nia got to make a edible snowmen at school today and asked her teacher if they had enough for her to take one home for her brother. So when we got home she sat down with him and taught him how to put it together. It was so sweet. Or for another instance... Nia was invited to a birthday party but Ian wasn't so Nia pleaded with me to let Ian come with us. When she knew I wasn't going to change my mind she decided that she would just bring him a piece of cake. Or for this instance.. many days she loads herself into our car from school and says, "Ian, I have a surprise for you!" It's mostly the snack they had that day if they allowed her to take an extra. She is all the time carrying him around on her back, sliding around on the slippery floor with him and playing with all his boy toys just so they can play together.

Some days I think I'm going to lose my mind but days like today make it all worth it.

No comments: