Saturday, February 14, 2009

Roses?? Nahh... I'd rather have Pickles!

We always have very little money to spend on each other for holidays or anniversaries and this Valentine's Day was no different. Romeo and I both are not big on gifts and don't really care if we get anything or not - that's just how we are. I don't need a gift from him to let me know He loves me because he shows me everyday by his selfless acts of kindness and love towards me. And even when we did have money to spend on each other - you know, before kids - I wanted something thought through, meaningful, just for me and I was never big on flowers. My husband knows me well! Here's what he did for me.

On our way to bed I pass my computer table where a HUGE jar of pickles and a bag of Russel Stover's chocolates sit waiting for me to find. Why is this soooo special? Well, first of all I am pregnant as we all know by now and I have been eating pickles with LOTS of things and we ran out the other day and with no money I was forced to go without. Second, Romeo had received a gift card as a reward for something he had done at work and used it on me. And lastly, I was not expecting it at all so it made it all the more special.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day All!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessedly SPOILED. Love these gifts. I hoarded a box of chocolate covered cherries for 6 months one time. I can make 1 last an hour...ummmm, good!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is hilarious! What a sweet husband you have! Hope you are doing well! Love, Meg

Unknown said...

Hi, Romeo and dia Amy!
Congratulation! What a good surprise, you expecting new baby.
Romeo, your present is very sweet.
And I think you expecting a boy and a girl. I ate pickles with Nikita and chocolate with Ana.
I am very miss you all. Elena.