Monday, August 11, 2008

"Mema Camp" The Details

Well, I am home now after being in Texas for 9 days. I went for many different reasons: April Lewis - a friend from high school and a bridesmaid at my wedding - had a baby shower. She is due in November (I think). Another reason was for VBS. Mom was in charge of it this year and asked me to teach the 9, 10, & 11 year old Bible study lessons, so I did. VBS was in the morning and after that we did "Mema Camp" activities.

Day 1: We went to Silver Falls to "climb mountains". The kids had a great time here as well as myself. Silver Falls is a rest stop on the way from Lubbock to Dickens (were my parents live). It is a really cool place to picnic and explore. It was about 102' degrees outside so we thought we might stay for an hour or so. Everyone gets out of the car and Mema says, "Oh, my goodness!" She had locked the keys in the car along with her cell phone. I went and used a man's phone in the office and called dad. He was in a meeting and wasn't able to send anyone for help until 3 hours later. We were exhausted. Here are some pictures of Silver Falls.

This picture is at the discovery of the locked keys.Ian fell asleep on the way home. The black stuff on his fingers was tar from the road.
Day 2: We went to the swimming pool in Crosbyton - sorry no pictures. We had a great time. I thought it would be stressful having to keep my eye out on 7 kids but Madisyn, Maci, & Shannon all were good swimmers & helpers at times to the 4 that couldn't swim. Nia is 6 and is fine in the part she can touch so she wasn't that hard. The 3 littles ones, Ian, Kori, & Emi all couldn't swim and could barely touch the bottom of the pool. They were good about staying in their floaties. We had lots of contests. Most of the kids got to stand up on my shoulders and do tricks. I had such a good time there, I know the kids did too. These pictures are the sleeping arrangements.
Well now we know that Emily (2.5) & Nia (6) are REALLLLY GOOD friends. It was so cute to see them together.
Day 3: We decided to stay home to allow naps for the little ones and me. After naps we had a Talent Show. We had a big & small group so that the little kids wouldn't be competing with the bigger ones. The categorizes were:
Playing an instrument won by Madisyn & Emi
Singing won by Nia & Ian
Funny Faces won by Shannon & Ian
Paper Design won by Madisyn & Emi
Dancing won by Nia & Ian
Fashion won by Maci & Kori
Hair Design won by Maci & Kori & Emi
Drawing won by Shannon & Kori
Pictures would have been cute for this but unfortunately I didn't take any. Sorry!

Day 4 (last day) we went to Joyland!!! All week long we had been cramped in Mema's car so we decided to take the church van to Lubbock so we would have enough room. Here are some pictures.



Becky & Kori had an incident on a ride. They are both doing better now. The process of how it happened & the ride are to hard to describe. Thanks Mema & Papa for letting us have this camp. WE HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: