Monday, August 11, 2008

My Grandma!

Saturday we got to go see my grandma in the nursing home. A couple days before we went and she remembered that I was her granddaughter but she didn't say my name so we weren't sure if she remembered it. This time, she remembered my name. I was really surprised. She wanted me to sit in her lap. She said "I thought this morning - I hope my daughter will come to see me today - and then you came" She was thrilled we were there. Mom asked her if she needed anything and she said that she needed her to come see her. My heart broke. I can't imagine being in her position. I sure wish I was closer so I could go see her too. I remember so many great times with my grandma. She was super at card games. I remember cheating just so I could win at Pounce. I stayed with them in the summers sometimes and I remember bringing Grandpa (he has been gone for almost 8 years now) his coffee and together they would read the Bible and pray for the missionaries who had birthdays on that day. Grandma was so loving. She would stand at the door when Grandpa would leave for work and stay there and wave until she couldn't see him anymore. Throughout the years Grandma has done so many funny things. I wouldn't even know where to start. We love Grandma dearly!!!
Click on Mom's blog in the right hand column to read more about Grandma.

No comments: