Thursday, August 28, 2008

We've Had A BREAKTHROUGH!

Both of my kids suck their thumb. When Nia was little I encouraged her (what was I thinking) to find her thumb because I was tired of getting out of bed every few minutes to put the paci back in her mouth. As a result, I have an avid thumb sucker. We have tried everything from nail polish to hot sauce to cinnamon oil (which later learned it will burn your sick so I had to remove it quickly) to taping it to gloves to points off of her behavior chart and so on and so on. We thought she would have quit by now because everyone said, "they will quit when they start school". Pre-K & Kindergarten - nothing!!!! Maybe 1st grade!

I picked Nia up from school today and after asking her what happened at school, this is what she said, "Anakin & Jada made fun of me because I suck my thumb. I don't even like to suck my thumb it's just really hard to quit. It really hurts my feelings when people make fun of me." Of course you don't want anyone making fun of your kids but after telling her that that would happen I was encouraged to think this might be what makes her stop. I guess I need to be thankful it's not her big toe.


No comments: