Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Events of the Day

It started at 5:40 am up with a sore throat. I had decided that I would go ahead and get ready for the day until I realized that the water pipes were frozen, again! I got Romeo and he got it all taken care of but it took until after 9:00 am for the water to start running again. This has happened about 5 times this winter.

Then off to my first Dr. appointment for my pregnancy. Everything looked great there and we learned that I was 14 weeks along and my due date is July 23rd. Very exciting until they MADE me go get blood drawn. I did ask if I could refuse it and of course I could but I was just being a little stubborn. So I went! I talked to the phlebotomist about my fear and she laughed at me and then told me that she was drawing 5 veils of blood!!! WHAT??? She got it on the first try and did a great job! I sang "Hallelujah" after it was over and then gave her a hug.

The roads here are still real icy and I learned that 2 people from our church were in a tragic car accident, killing one and leaving the other in the hospital. Please be in prayer for the family of Hank Stokes and Becky Carnell. (more about this below)

Supper time and Ian was helping me cook and ran his finger across a hot pan and sired his pinky finger. He said that it looked like a potato and he was scared we were going to eat it.

What an eventful day. I don't mean to just throw that tragic accident into just another day. DeLana Stokes (Hank's wife) is a very special lady. She and I did a Bible study together just recently and my heart just breaks for her. Nia was very loving towards Hank, hugging him every time she saw him. He will be truly missed. Becky Carnell I know because we were in the same Sunday school class for some time. She is okay but in the hospital with something broken and pain in her chest (not sure with all the detail so don't want to start any rumors with my info.). How does that happen, two people, in different vehicles, from the same church, get involved in the same accident? Please lift these families up in prayer.

2 comments:

VLS said...

It's called "Leave the faucet dripping!" Works like a charm. Sure is better than having frozen pipes or worse yet---busted pipes.

Amy Tagle said...

We either forget to do that or don't look at the weather! This is the first year it has happened since we have lived here. We sure don't want busted pipes though!!!