Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love My Kids

Nia: Can we go on a walk today?
Ian: I want to watch a movie.
Nia: No!! That's lazy!
Ian: I want to be lazy.
_____________________

Nia and I were discussing what she wanted for Christmas several weeks ago. She wanted lots of little things but one big thing, a Nintendo DS. Well, as you know, lots of money for that particular toy so I told her that if we got that that it would be her only toy and she & Ian would share it, each getting their own game. She really wanted the DS but wanted other things as well. As the tears roll down her cheek (because these sort of things are big deals in the life of a 6 year old), she says, if my house were on fire I would run back inside to get my DS.

You remember that question being asked to you, right? And for Nia at 6 years old it was a DS. Well, after she got over that very dramatic episode, she decided that it wasn't the best decision to make so she ended up getting other stuff.

No comments: