Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ian: Breastfeeding & Chores

I have just a few minutes so I will tell you a few funny stories about Ian.

Mail women
The kids were playing outside and I was inside with Kodah and the mail woman came (a stranger). Ian ran up to her and gave her a big hug and kissed her on the lips. The next day she came over to the house to see Kodah and explained to me the situation from the previous day. She said it really caught her off guard. The main reason she stopped though was because she wanted to make sure he wasn't that friendly with everyone. It made her day. When she was leaving, she asked Ian if she could take Kodah with her - as a joke - and he told her no because she didn't have any boobies to feed him with.

Breastfeeding
We have had VBS here and one of Ian's teachers, who is 18 I think, told me this story about Ian. "Ian was sitting beside me and he sort of touched my boobies and said, 'you are going to have a baby' she said, 'no, I'm not' and then Ian said, 'my momma has those and she just had a baby'" I about died! Yes, we have had a talk about it but I'm not promising anything.

Taking out the Trash
I gave each of the kids (5 of them: Madisyn my niece, Maci my niece, Tucker my nephew, Nia & Ian) a chore to do. Ian's was the trash, you know gather all the trash cans, dump them into the big trash, and take them to the dumpster. After he had collected all the trash, he put them into the wagon and I told him to take the wagon outside and wait for Madisyn to go with him to the dumpster. I walked outside and the wagon was empty ???? What happened to the trash? I asked? and he told me that 2 people were walking by on the road and he asked them to take the trash to the dumpster and they did!!! I guess that's one way to get it done!

Ian is such a character! He is the sweetest and friendliest little boy I know but there is also an honory and aggressive side to him. Most people only see the later of the two. He is funny, loves people (obviously), and is a joy to be around.

No comments: