Monday, July 21, 2008

God answers prayers!!

Romeo spent last week in Little Rock, Arkansas working. Me and the kids were trying to get the house picked up and clean before he got home Friday. Ian was doing what he wanted instead of obeying and Nia was not listening very well. I was frustrated and in a hurry and that doesn't usually produce a very patient mom. God convicted me a few years ago about my discipline approach. I would discipline out of anger and frustration instead of instruction and love. I still deal with that on a daily basis but God has brought me a long way. A few years ago, when I knew my ways had to change, I sat down with Nia (Ian was still little) and talked to her about my problem and how she could help. I told her that I needed her to pray for me when she saw that I was angry, frustrated or impatient. So she would, whether it be at the dinner table asking God to give momma patience or on the living room floor on her face. I am not sure the last time she did this but it had been a while, until Friday. I was yelling and had been for a while. I made my way into the living room where I was attempting to remove oobleck slime from my couch and pillows. At that moment, I sat down, looked at the slime and remembered that I am a mom and this is part of it. So... I called the kids into the living room and apologized to them for yelling. Immediately Nia spoke up and said, "I knew you were going to say that because I just prayed for you." I was amazed! I asked her when she prayed and she said she had just finished when I called them into the living room. GOD IS SO GOOD! Oh Lord, I pray that she always remembers that you heard her prayer that day! Thank you Jesus for giving me Nia. What would I do without her??
Psalm 116:1-2
I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

No comments: