Monday, July 21, 2008

Kid's College

Nia went to Kids College this past week and had a blast. It was 1 hour for each class for 5 days. The school she goes to really encourages this so they paid for her to take one course and we paid for the other. The two classes were "The Pet Set" and "Squish, Squeeze, and Squeal". The pet set focused on how to take care of animals and they had "specials guests" Tuesday through Friday including kittens, dogs, guinea pigs, and rabbits. She had a great time and learned some cool stuff. Friday night we were outside and our next door neighbor was outside with his dog and Nia went over to the dog and loved on him. She told the owner of the dog that she could train his dogs because she was a dog trainer. It was so cute. She LOVES animals. The Squish, squeeze & squeal class was about making oooey gooey gunk. They made oobleck - type of slime (of which ended up in the cushions of my couch, on my pillows, and on a shirt that is now in the trash), silly putty, edible playdoh, and flubber (separates into a hundred pieces of which my son figured out) . She loved that class. She has already said that next year she wants to take a cooking class (which I am all for), basketball, and tumbling. WE'LL SEE! I am attaching a picture of Nia on a horse. My aunt Joan is an animal lover and she sent me this picture.

No comments: