Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Story at School & God is Bigger than the Boogey-man

I know, 3 posts in one day, that's more than I did last month total.

As we are stuffing eggs last night for Nia's Easter hunt today at school, we were talking about the importance of them understanding the true meaning. So I said that I didn't know why eggs were involved. Nia said that her teachers had told them that it was about new life. She also said that her teachers told them about Jesus dying on the cross and rising again on the 3rd day. Then Nia said that both of her teachers are Christians.

I WAS AMAZED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, one more thing, the other day Nia had a song stuck in her head at school. Her teacher asked her what she was singing and then asked Nia to sing it for everyone. She did!!!!!!!! It was "God is bigger than the boogey-man, He's bigger than godzilla or the monsters on TV, Oh, God is Bigger than the boogey-man and He's watching out for you and me. Now when I'm lying in my bed and the furniture starts creeping, I'll just laugh and say 'Hey cut that out' and get back to my sleeping, cause I know that God's the biggest and He's watching all the while so when I get scared I'll think of Him and close my eyes and smile..... God is Bigger than the boogey-man ..........." Thanks Veggietales!

No comments: