Friday, April 10, 2009

Sweetness of Ian

I know there's a point in a growing boys life that he will want to quit all the kisses and hugs from mom. That will be a sad day for me, that's why I am posting this, to remember and remind him of this stage in his life.

Ian, who is 4 years old, loves me so much. He tells me numerous times a day that he loves me. He hugs me ALL day long. He draws and colors me pictures a lot. Of course he loves his dad and sister as well, but he treats me different. He and dad wrestle all the time, Nia & Ian play and fight and everything else that siblings do, but with me, he is tender and gentle and well mannered, always says thank you and please, smiling and gracious and generous - loving on me every chance he gets.

4 out of 5 times, when I ask him in the morning what he dreamed about, It's always me. Whether me leaving him somewhere which he describes as a scary dream or I am always with him which he describes as a good dream. This morning it was a good dream! Then as I was laying on his bed asking him about his dream and sleep, he got up and went around to where I was laying on the bed and starting massaging my back and shoulders. What a sweetie! Oh, the love and joy that bursts out in me over a tiny gester or love from my sweet boy.

I have really enjoyed spending my mornings with him these past few years while Nia is in school. Come August, he will be joining Nia in school and I will be home with a new little one.

It is amazing that compared to my love for my kiddos, God's love for them is so much greater! Oh, thank you Lord for Your Amazing Love.

No comments: