Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Ian!

Ian Matthew Tagle born 10/5/04 in Lubbock, TX turned 4 today!

Tuesday we went to the doctor because Strep has been going around and we thought Ian was getting it. He had fever and sore throat. The test said no but later in the week, the symptoms got worse (even with ammox) so they put him on a stronger med. He is the best sick kid in the world. He sounds awful with his wheezing and gagging couch but no sad face, no complaining, no "mama, me sick", nothing. We had planned to go to the zoo with some friends and celebrate but he was sick so we then planned to take the cupcakes to church and share with his Sunday school class but that didn't happen either.



This morning Nia & I were getting ready for church knowing that Daddy(he is sick too) & Ian were staying home and we hear Ian, still in bed, say, "What about me? get me up too!" Every morning for the past couple months I have been waking them up by singing
This is the day or Rise & Shine, so this morning he wondered why I hadn't done that and let me know that he wanted me too. So Nia & I went into his room and sang Happy Birthday to him. He ran right into the dining room where his cupcakes were and expected his party to start right then. Well, off to church Nia & I went and left Ian waiting until we returned to have his party.


We returned and saw that the couch arm was covered in fingerprinted icing and that the cupcake box had a hole in it. What happened? We asked Ian if he got into the cake and although the evidence was there, he still denied it. You can see the scoop he took out of the icing.


Instead of the usual opening of the wrapped presents, Nia & I decided to hide the unwrapped gifts and make clues to help him find the gifts. He loved that! Here they are running outside to get one out of the bed of the truck.

Then to the cupcakes! We like making this part really fun.

Later on in the day we busted a pinata. He named the pinata guy "Buddy". He picked him out and held his hand on the way home from Walmart. It was a referee, probably not intended for a kids party but it was the cheapest one there and he didn't know the difference.

This is Ian saying your welcome. Super-Cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ian's so different than Nia; I'm so blessed to have kids like them. They're so fun to be around. I think I'm going to start saying "Yuck'm" to people...